Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lap Toast

For those of you who've heard this already, my apologies, but I wanted to write a blog on the last day of summer vacation that accurately conveys what a tremendous summer this was (best one in three years,) and how I know it may be time to start talking with others who are not two years old:

We were all together for dinner and the kids were having, among other things, their version of a salad. Allison loves croutons on her salad, but since she can't say "croutons", we call them "toast".

At the end of dinner, I was wiping her up and as I pulled away the tray, we both noticed that some croutons had escaped to her lap. I said, "Ali, you've got lap toast! Go get'em!"

Well Ali dutifully started digging for gold, and when she got one in each hand, she just held them up, staring at them. That's when I said, "Oh no, Ali, don't tell me your lap toast intolerant!"

I'm here all week folks...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:37 AM

    lol- hilarious!
    emily vannoy :)

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)