Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

New Year's eve 2010. Sitting on the couch. Kids asleep. Tamlin curled up on Chri's lap. Laptop on my lap. Perusing the year-end tv offerings. This very low key celebration is nothing like that of 2008. If you recall, this is the day that we brought our little Ethan home for the first time after 175 days (5 months and 22 days) in the neonatal intensive care. My, how life has changed! That night was a stressful mix of excitement and coordination of medications, breathing treatments, and warming up tiny (we're talking less than 1 oz) little bottles, and calming a very fussy little boy.

Today, Allison is speaking in full 6-word sentences, Ethan is walking and joking, and our new normal is pretty darn good.

Don't let Ethan hear me tell you this, but we haven't turn on his oxygen in over 2 weeks. Seriously now, if he finds out he'll and force us to put him back on. I don't know how or why, but dang that has happened several times! We are so excited that Ethan is finally walking and running and climbing stairs (with a hand hold & railing). His language is coming along and he is starting to use 2 and occasional 3 word sentences. He is a happy little prankster who is very into making sense of the world with familiar traditions like making sure that the covers are in all of the outlets. He is really discovering pretend play, and spends lots of time in his kitchen or with the animals and his new tractor or monster truck. He loves pretending to be an ant!

Ali is suddenly speaking in full sentences this weekend. She enjoys pretending to be animals, "cooking", and taking care of her babies and baby tiger. We discovered recently that her old preemie clothes fit her baby doll perfectly and she loves to have me help change clothes. She gives the best running up to you hugs! She is learning to hop and rides a scooter like a pro. She colors like a pro and loves her new crayons and markers that Santa brought. "Santa come this house!?"

It has been a good year! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa! Sooo glad I am able to help! I felt the same way when I found this stuff. I would buy stock in it if I could! I've never been as crazy about an infomercial as I am now with mighty fixit! Hope it simplifies your life (aka keeps your life dry) as much as it has ours! :) Your little ones are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)