Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Whole lot of holes
Ethan is doing very well 1 day post-op. He is much less painful and smiling again. He was playing with toys in his bouncy seat earlier today! Doctor is allowing him to have 1 ounce every 2-4 hours. We start by bottle and then put whatever he doesn't take in the g-tube. He started off strong, wanting more than the one ounce in his bottle. (After more than 24 hours with no food!) His last bottle he only took 15 ml... but I guess that's why we got the tube, isn't it? Eventually I think we will switch to the model of oral feedings only by day and g-tube at night.
If I didn't mention it before, Ethan will probably be here the rest of the week. Doctor wants him to be tolerating close to full feedings before he goes home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)