Monday, April 06, 2009

Busy Day

I love Ethan. I REALLY love him right now. He's such a good little sleeper. He is upstairs slumbering away while his sister is screaming her head off. It's Chris's turn. (thanks!) Poor thing, she is so overly tired that she just can't get to sleep.

It's been a really long day today. Ethan had an eye appointment at 1:40. His eyes are thankfully perfect, but we didn't get out of there until nearly 4 pm. Geesh. There was the first exam, then dilation drops. Wait. More drops, but the bottle was empty... searching. More drops. Wait. Entertain babies in carseats. Wait. Wait. Another exam. Whew, we're done.

Ethan had an appointment with Dr Nau at 5:15. No one has napped... Not enough time to get home and nap... So we meet Chris in the parking lot of the hospital and go for a drive before the appointment. Ah, the wonderful, nap-inducing car ride. (Good thing gas isn't $4 a gallon any more!)

Ethan's co2 was 80. I wasn't surprised since he has been just slightly crabby and 'off' since getting his button (and weaning the steroids) this past Thursday. 80 is not fabulous, so he's getting an extra dose or two of steroids. I guess we perhaps weaned from the 'roids too fast this time. He was really quite sick when he was in the hospital recently.

Anyway, we didn't get home until 7 pm. Bedtime. But both kids were raring to go. We read books for a short time and Ethan, bless him, went right to sleep when we put him down. Ali has been up and down since then. It was so much easier when she was little and not on any kind of schedule! I guess if you don't have a schedule you can't mess it up.

It's quiet now (knock on wood) and I need to go mix up some more milk for Ethan and try to get some sleep myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)