and so, I will carry on this age old tradition and embarrass Ethan. Unfortunately for him, we live in a first-draft/final-draft society with global communication, so this extends farther than those Norman Rockwell-esque stories of parents pulling out the baby albums when their teen-aged progeny bring a hot date over. Here goes:
The boy peed on his own head.
And laughed!
I had come home from work last week, saw that he needed to strap on a fresh one, scooped him up, and proceeded to do my duty to his doody. As this was happening, he let loose and this beautiful fountain from his MGM Gland arced over his knees and connected solidly on his left temple, thus making him giggle because it apparently tickles(?)
I started to laugh out of sheer surrender to a disgusting situation and that only made him laugh harder. Like the proverbial snake eating its own tail, we went on like this for about 5-6 more seconds as I cleaned him up (sat him down on the porch and turned the garden hose on him...just kidding!)
All of this goes to prove that, once again, little children can always teach older children what to take seriously and what should just be solved with a laugh and a garden hose.
Thanks for the full out belly laugh we just had reading this! We needed that! I feel sorry for Ethan when that story comes back to haunt him as a teenager!
ReplyDeleteDan and Stephanie Teigen
Mark and I are sitting here laughing so hard with tears running down my face and I could barely finish reading it to him! And you put this on the internet - poor Ethan!!! Reminds me of a story with Gerhardt at the doctor's office -- oops, won't do that to him here.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the way you write, Chris!!
Cherish all these moments. They grow up SO fast.
Mom and Mark