Friday, May 01, 2009

I think I am going to go crazy if Ethan doesn't leave his oxygen prongs in his nose! He has been rubbing his nose during the night and pulling them out. That, of course, means I wake up to the oh so wonderful sound of beeping. I am of course very, very thankful for the beeping because he needs his oxygen. However, night after night of this makes for a cranky mommy. :(

Lisa just ran upstairs to give Ethan his bottle so now I, the husband, get to take over the blog . What really makes for a cranky daddy is when the mommy makes noise getting out of bed to stop the beeping. I'm trying to sleep after all! If Lisa catches this inserted paragraph, this hereby is my last will and testament: the cat gets everything!

Well, it made me laugh at least! Forget the kids, Tamlin is going to be rich...

Anyway, Ethan has been talking up a storm. His favorite game these days is having 'conversations' with anyone who will listen. It is truly wonderful to hear since we were unable to hear his voice for so long while he was on the ventilator. Hmm, I am tired, I think I wrote that in the last post! Ethan starts occupational therapy next week to check on his solid food skills. He had a couple of good days where he ate 1/2 Tbsp of oatmeal, but he hasn't been very interested lately. He hasn't been interested in the bottle either, for that matter. He had a few stellar days last week, once even polishing off an entire bottle with no tube feeding. That was truly impressive.

Ali is on the move! She is pulling up to a stand now. Yesterday I had the first experience of walking in to find her standing in her crib. Oh, they are both getting so big! She has been really challenging my childproofing skills the past couple of days. She, of course, wanst to investigae all of the corners of the room. When we bought our tv stand I thought the glass would be great to keep little fingers out of the dvd player. Duh. Now I'm worried about breaking glass. Yikes.

I had a special treat today. Cari and I went to Weetail, which is one huge baby garage sale. I found some cute clothes and some new toys for the kids to explore. Thanks to Dot and Jillian for watching the kids!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:02 PM

    Gee, I wish I was Tamlin right now. I could use the sleep and time in the sun! And the money would be nice too. :-) Not that I wouldn't miss Chris :-( Plus I'd get to see the kids and "torment" them every day.

    Sounds like life's getting back to a normal dull roar lately for you, which is good. Enjoy them while they're small. They grow much too quickly!!

    Hugs to all, including Tamlin.
    Mom and Mark

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)