It's probably true that those who teach writing can't, and so I must rely on an ancient adage to start this blog: Boy, what a difference a year makes!
A year ago, Lisa and I were in shock at all of the treatments and medications Ethan came home with, and were completely overwhelmed with learning to balance those with what Allison needed from us. I remember sitting there on that New Year's day wondering where we would be both mentally and physically a year from then; and here we are.
I'm in the family room with the kids blogging while Ethan plays with a toy train he got for Christmas and Allison is walking around with her thumb in her mouth looking at my computer screen and giving me pats on the shoulder and then running away to go play with another toy to help kill another 15 seconds.
After Ethan's tummy twisting trouble the past three days, it's nice to have made it to this little oasis of calm. From time to time, 'twin shock' does rear it's head as we realize that there are two toddlers in the house and no time whatsoever to breathe, but nonetheless, as Lisa said, life with twins is beautiful.
Happy 2010 everyone! Now I'm off to take down our shower doors and replace them with a curved shower curtain bar...I love nap time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)