Monday, October 13, 2008

Move to UIHC



What a birthday present for Chris...
We made it ti the University of Iowa safe and sound. It was his first time outside, and Ethan slept the whole way. He's tucked into his new bed, and Chris and I are exhausted. They have a lot of policies at te U that are different from Luke's, so we are definitely adjusting to a lot of changes. I rode in the ambulance with Ethan, but they whisked me away as soon as Ethan arrived in his room. We're not allowed to hold him during feedings and for an hour after. I think there are lots of policies based on the really tiny, sick babies that are usually in Bay 1, not on my almost 8 lb boy!

Thanfully the doctors have a couple of additional theories about Ethan, mostly involving scar tissue from the tube being in there. Or the leading theory now is a possible complication from the pda ligation surgery. Something about a nick in the nerve leading to the left vocal chords, also causing scar tissue. The malasia thoery is also a possibility as well. I didn't ask about the implications or treatments for these thoeries, since I don't want to freak out until I need to.

We will know much more after they do the scope, probably on Wednesday. The good news is that they might also clip his tongue while they are in his mouth and he is sedated. Then we won't have to deal with the tongue tied problem any more. Cross your fingers there. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)