We're all dressed up with nowhere to go.
With a little weight loss, some bradycardias ('bradys'), and a failed car seat test last night... the team thought it best to keep Allison here one more day. Just in case. We're excited to take her home, but really... we'd just bring her right back here tomorrow. So, I guess it doesn't really matter. It will be nice to do middle of the night feedings from my own bed though. Oh, and another little silver lining. The nurses are sending me home to get a decent night's sleep tonight. Alli is doing great with her nursing and bottles, so they don't see any problem with it. I guess we might as well take advantage of the very expensive daycare... So, everyone cross your fingers for a good weight gain tonight, and we'll take our little girl home tomorrow! (Nurse Sue has threatened to put her thumb on the scale too. We like her!)
It's been a busy day of discharge planning. (Have I mentioned how very odd it is to be the parent at the team meeting? Chris and I are both used to being the teacher or the therapist at the IEP, so we read the developmental care plans and say "I usually to write these!".) We watched videos, signed papers, got lots of handouts, and talked with nurses. It seems to be all in order.
Ethan is cruising along. Chris and I both held him today, which he seems to love. Very few desats (are you all learning this terminology with us?), very little fussiness. It was a good day. They added some extra protein to his milk to give him yet another boost. He's going to be a body builder soon! The nurses are guessing that he will be off cpap this weekend. That will be so nice, since it will be much easier to hold him. It's quite a production now since all of the tubes moved with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)