Wednesday, August 20, 2008

8.20.08

I am so tired today! In a very new mom sort of way. Alli was a little stinker and kept me up last night. Turns out she refused to eat or sleep until I discovered the second poopy diaper. Ah the joys!

Chris starts the first day of real school with kids tomorrow. It has been a strange start of the year as you might expect. It just hit us at the last minute. Oh my gosh, tomorrow is a school night! None of the usual pre-school planning this year. Unless you count changing diapers!

I went out shopping this morning. It was really nice to join the regular world again for a little while. Who knew that buying diapers could be so exciting! BTW, our cloth diaper plans are on hold for the moment. I think Allison would finally fit into the Kissaluvs, but I'm just not home enough to do laundry at the moment. We're lucky if we get clean underwear! :)

I just realized that my little shopping excursion was Alli's first official 'daddy time'. I think they had a good time. Probably watched sports and drank beer. Well... maybe not the beer part... yet... It's good that it went well because I have a Pampered Chef show on Sunday!

Ethan is as calm as I've seen him today. What a pleasant surprise. We held him and now we're going home early. He's still on the nasopharyngeal cpap tubes that go down both nostrils. He really seems to be resting well with them - and hopefully growing lots of new lung tissue! He just looks like he's getting stronger with these. I'm sure that's crazy mommy talk, but who knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, Please remember to sign your post if you want us to know who you are. :)